Friday, September 5, 2008

At long last, I'm blogging again....

I can't believe its been over a year since I've posted anything here.....yikes! Well, there have been TONS of changes in the past year or so.....and most of them have been good. Curt is retired now, because his health forced him to get out of trucking. He's working as a custodian for the local schools, and is doing much better health-wise. The boys and I are thrilled that he's home now as well. Its been a tough year financially, but we're getting there....slowly but surely.

I'm still working as an Ed Tech, and in my 2nd year of the ETEP program - at the end I'll have my teacher's certification in secondary social studies and special education. Its craziness right now, and I'm up to my eyeballs in papers and classes (on-line and in person), but there is a light at the end of the tunnel - I just hope its not an on-coming train.... :)

M. is in 8th grade, and so far its going well. D. is in 3rd grade, and J. is in 2nd grade - and they're both having a great time in school. They just recently started riding their bikes to school, and are really relishing that freedom. I've been biking to school much more myself - its only 1/2 a mile, but its nice to get the exercise and it also saves a TON of gas!

I'm not stitching nearly as much as I'd like - the classes and the family are making sure of that - but I'm working on a bookmark right now, and hope to finish up some of my UFOs this year. There are a TON of Round Robins that are close to being done, and I'd REALLY like to frame them and get them out of my "to do" basket!

We have a couple of new additions to our furry family as well - we just recently adopted two kittens from our vet's office - they're both black as night, and full of energy, especially when the rest of us are trying to sleep! Our older kitty tolerates them, and the dogs just ignore them.....and the boys are head over heels in love with them!

Finally, I've been participating in Weight Watchers since January of 2008 - and have lost over 45 pounds so far. I'm hoping to lose another 40 pounds or so to get to my goal weight, but I'm just beyond thrilled to be fitting into smaller sizes and feeling HEALTHY for the first time in a number of years. Its been a roller coaster these past few weeks - I've gained and lost the same 2-3 pounds for the last 3 weeks - but I know I'm over 1/2 way there - and I *WILL* get there eventually!

Other than all that, not much new here.....but I'll try to do better about updating as we go forward.

Kirsten

5 comments:

Velda said...

*CLUNK*

where the hell have you been girl?????? oh wait, that's what the entry was about. You've been too long gone, far too long!

Bre said...

I'm so happy to hear about how things are going with you and you know I'm excited about your weight loss!! Congrats!!!

Mary said...

Welcome back Kirsten! I've missed your posts. Congrats on the weight loss. Do you go to the meetings or do you do the online WW? Your sons are getting so big. I'm glad your husband is doing better.
Can't wait to see your stitching updates!!!!
Hugs!
Mary :-)

Anonymous said...

ROFL @ Velda! Yeah, my thoughts exactly! Congrats on Curt's retirement, your weight loss and almost being done with school! Woohoo! Stop by more often if your time permits. Good 'seeing' you!

Margaret said...

Well I'm slow. I just found this!!! I have missed you so much.