Wednesday, February 14, 2007

FIRST Snow Day


Okay, so I'm sitting here playing at the computer, and its 10:15 in the morning......how cool is that! Usually, I'm sitting at school, in 4th period, waiting for the bell to ring, just like the students....LOL! That's a math class, and I don't have any particular students that I'm responsible for in that class - I'm there to assist the teacher that period. But today we're getting SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!! Its wonderful - its actually pretty deep already - its been snowing since early morning, and I'd say we have 8-10 inches out there. Every time I take the dog out, its deeper, and he has to find his "special spots" all over again.....sigh...... Basically, the whole state is closed down. The town sand trucks and plows haven't been by here for about 2 hours now, but I'm going to have to go out soon (after I get dressed....ack!) and clean off the end of the driveway while I still can. If it gets too much deeper down there, the snowblower won't be able to handle it.


The boys, of course, are LOVING this day off - they're camped out in the living room, making valentines and watching TV. I'll get some pictures in a little while and upload them.


In the stitching world, I'm working on a very late order for an overseas shop - its been a bit crazy around here, and what should have taken me a week to complete and mail has taken three.....sigh....... I'm also stitching on a gift for a friend, and will post a picture of that when its done. In the meantime, here's a picture of a little goodie I made for a Valentine's gift....well, its at the top of this post.....I'll figure out this blogging thing one of these days....*S*
Stay safe and warm, friends, and if you are so inclined, offer up a little prayer or positive thought for Curt - he's on the road in NY State, between Newberg and Schylerville (near Saratoga Springs), and I'm more than a little worried!
Kirsten

4 comments:

Margaret said...

He's a bit north of us. At least around here the roads aren't too bad. Jason said they were clear all the way up to West Haverstraw. Keeping him in my prayers for safe travel.

Jenn said...

I'm gald to hear that your enjoying your day off. We have gotten mostly freezing rain today. :( I was so looking forward to the snow.

Your Valentines finish is so pretty. I can't wait to see your other project.

Megan said...

I loved snow days when I was in school! In the corporate world, we rarely got them - if you couldn't get into work, you worked from home.

Mary said...

Very cute Kirsten. I'm catching up with my blogs now. I figure your husband has made it home safely now but that ice and snow was crazy. As of today March 3rd, my driveway has finally cleared itself of the ice. Thank goodness for March sun and warmer temps.